Water slide decals (or slip decals) are water-mounted decals generally printed face up and rely on the dextrose corn sugar residue from the decal paper to bond the decal transfer to a surface.
These decal paper suitable for almost any smooth, non-porous surface.
Great for glass, metal, ceramic ware, furniture, candles, soap, model, die-cast cars, fishing rods, picture frames, albums and appliances.
They are a fantastic way to create salon finish nail art within a few minutes. There is an endless collection of them in the market today, from French manicure to full nail design, from flowers to hearts to cartoons, from Christmas to Halloween, from laces to half-moon designs and so on.
– Print your designs on the paper from an Inkjet or Laser printer (Check you have choose right printer you have)
– Spray inkjet paper (not required for the laser paper) thoroughly with clear acrylic spray (White Knight brand works well) this will set the ink and prevent running or bleeding when wet
– Dry / Trim the decal to the border of the design (where possible).
– Soak in warm water for 30 – 40 seconds.
– Remove from the water and drain wet decal.
– Slide the transfer to one edge of backing paper. While still on the backing paper place the transfer in position. Hold the transfer gently near the edge of the backing paper then slide the backing paper from under the transfer, do this carefully to minimise bubbles.
– Now slide into position and squeeze it down, working from the center to the edge, removing the moisture and air bubbles that are trapped underneath the surface.
– Expel all air bubbles by wiping from center and clean any excess gum/water (Facial make up sponges are great for this, but you can use a soft cloth also)